回复: iOS Tutorials Can not play video file(mov/mp4:H264)

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Feb 20 10:37:34 PST 2014

On Do, 2014-02-20 at 10:58 +0800, jojo wrote:
> Hi Sebastian & Alston
>
> Thanks for you advice :)
>
> I think the libav plugin codec is software mode to decode H264 in iOS platform, am i right ?
>
> I want to use HW decoding in iOS platform because of performance in my app solution :(
>
> I would have a test with plugin libav and the plugin "applemedia" should be the HW decoding mode,
>
> so… i really hope it's useful in the near future :)

Software decoding can be done with the libav plugin, yes. It works on
all platforms that are supported by GStreamer.

On iOS there unfortunately isn't any public API that allows accessing
the hardware video codecs directly, so there's not much we can do about
this currently until Apple provides something useful.

Expertise, Straight from the Source