videobox and RGB video formats...

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 13:19:52 PST 2014

I have an application that has been having pipeline issues lately. I
managed to build a model of what was going wrong, and reproduce it below.

The thing to note is that I have an element that can only output about
half-a-dozen RGB based formats, and videobox, despite claiming to support
them, doesn't seem to:

$ gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc  !
"video/x-raw,format={BGRx,BGRA,RGB,RGB16,RGB15}" ! videoconvert ! videobox
! xvimagesink display=:2
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoTestSrc:videotestsrc0:
Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2865): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoTestSrc:videotestsrc0:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...
$

The intent of the above command line is to take the RGB output from my
element, convert it to a movie format supported by my sink, and have
videobox crop it before display. For some reason, its just not managing to
negotiate a working pipeline, despite all of the sink and source templates
looking good.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.