AsfDemux : Possible regression in 1.2 vs 1.0 with buffer flag

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Thu Jan 2 04:24:32 PST 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-02 at 03:02 -0800, adrien_sch wrote:

Hi Adrien,

> I migrated my code from 1.0 to 1.2, and I observed that this expression is
> never TRUE for my asf video sample :
> (GST_BUFFER_FLAG_IS_SET(buffer,GST_BUFFER_FLAG_DELTA_UNIT) != TRUE)
>
> I used this expression to segment a video file. (Works well with matroska
> demux).
> Someone have an idea ?

Could you file a bug in bugzilla please? Ideally with some instructions
how to reproduce it / see the difference (e.g. by piping things to
fakesink silent=false and looking at the buffer flags in the output
there) ?

I'm not sure what buffer where in what pipeline you're talking about
here.

> Other quick question, actually I sent a EOS event in my sink bin to close
> properly the video file, and after that I change the sink state from
> PLAYING->NULL->change file sink location  ->PLAYING. Can I improve this ?
> For example, the change the state of the filesink element to update the file
> location and send an GST_EVENT_SEGMENT over the sink bin, may be enough ?

Could you provide more context on this? What's the pipeline/bin? What is
the problem you're trying to solve?

Cheers
 -Tim