VOD streaming using gstreamer

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 02:58:06 PST 2014

The Open Source Darwin Streaming Server from Apple is a RTSP server that
can do many of the things you ask for with respect to VOD. In some way it's
considered by some a reference implementation so you can compare protocol
specific behaviour. However I don't think the code is developed for years
although it may have been maintained .. maybe.