Gstreamer doesn't start pipeline

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Jan 7 10:44:27 PST 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-07 at 13:04 -0500, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> Le samedi 27 juillet 2013 à 15:31 -0700, ViniciusD a écrit :
> > Hello! I'm trying the following command in my terminal:
> >  gst-launch -e -v v4l2src device="/dev/video1" ! video/x-raw-yuv,
> > framerate=25/1, width=640, height=360 ! \
> >    timeoverlay halign=right valign=bottom shaded-background=true ! \
> >    textoverlay text="Test Video 640x360 25fps" halign=left
> > valign=bottom
> > shaded-background=true ! \
> >    x264enc bitrate=498 ! mpegtsmux ! filesink location=video1.ts
> > After using "mkfifo video1.ts", and I just get the message:
> > "setting pipeline to PAUSED"
> > So, It's getting stucked at pause, why isn't it working?

Usually for me if a pipeline doesn't move into the proper state it means
one of its elements is having troubles moving into that state. Usually
I'll use GST_DEBUG=X as well as whatever the environment variables are
to have it output dot files so that I can visually look at the state of
the elements in the pipeline. Usually what will happen is that all but
one will be in the state I want and then using gst_debug I find the
message that one element is providing as to why it isn't working... just
my 2 cents on how to find the answer to your question.