Looking for suggestions regarding dropped connection when using rtspsrc

fahad fahadm.ahmed at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 06:56:10 PST 2014

I am using an 'rtspsrc' to capture and encode streaming video. Everything
seems to be working just fine so far. One option I would like to have is to
ensure that if the RTSP connection drops out (e.g. unplug the cable or turn
a switch off) I would like to detect that in my pipeline and replace the
streaming video being captured by a static display for the duration of a
recording session.

Right now if I unplug the network cable, the pipeline just destroys itself,
I would like some suggestions on how to go about handling this and figured I
ask everyone on the Dev List for ideas.

Thanks.

Current pipeline looks like following,

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=%URI% ! rtph264depay ! mpegtsmux ! filesink
location=%FILE_NAME%.ts