GstCollectPads-related freeze in pads mgmt

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Jan 11 02:59:01 PST 2014

On Fr, 2014-01-10 at 15:05 +0200, Andrey Utkin wrote:
> 2014/1/9 Andrey Utkin <andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com>:
> > Found workaround: sending EOS event to just-detached muxer's sinkpad
> > avoids deadlock.
>
> Just for information again:
> I am not sure about reasons, but sometimes above doesn't work either.
> More safe approach is to save requested sourcepads into some
> container, then set sink element (to which these requested sourcepads
> are connected to) to NULL state, then release requested sourcepads
> through BLOCKING pad callback.

Can you provide a simple testcase that simulates your application?

Basically what you have is a pipeline where you have a single muxer and
try to replace the upstreams of this muxer but reuse the muxer sinkpads?
Or am I talking about something different? :) If that's the case I could
tell you how it is supposed to work, otherwise please provide a testcase
or describe your pipeline setup again.

Expertise, Straight from the Source