vaapidecode to xvimagesink

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Mon Jan 13 10:03:43 PST 2014

Le lundi 13 janvier 2014 à 09:24 -0800, rrazavi a écrit :
> I've done some tests with vaapi plugin, and I did try to search for an
> answer to my question but I could not find any. I wonder if there is a way
> to connect vaapidecode to xvimagesink in gstreamer 1.0+ ?

Yes, using videoconvert in between, but it's a slow-path. The problem is
that color formats of XV don't match with VA for most drivers, making
fast copy (or zero copy) impossible. gstreamer-vaapi offers a video sink
that was aimed at drop-in replacement for xvimagesink. Hopefully there
has been some stability enhancement in the last two years.

Nicolas