Understanding rtpbin example

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 10:35:00 PST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to understand rtpbin example for sending RTP stream to a client.
The example pipeline in the plugin is as follows
gst-launch-1.0 rtpbin name=rtpbin \
        v4l2src ! videoconvert ! ffenc_h263 ! rtph263ppay !
rtpbin.send_rtp_sink_0 \
                  rtpbin.send_rtp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5000
\
                  rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5001 sync=false
async=false    \
                  udpsrc port=5005 ! rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_0
\
        audiotestsrc ! amrnbenc ! rtpamrpay ! rtpbin.send_rtp_sink_1
\
                  rtpbin.send_rtp_src_1 ! udpsink port=5002
\
                  rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_1 ! udpsink port=5003 sync=false
async=false    \
                  udpsrc port=5007 ! rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_1

I'm confused with the port usage here. All sending port look ok
video data - 5000
video rtcp - 5001
audio data - 5002
audio rtcp - 5003

But how are the rtcp recieve ports calculated as 5005 and 5007? Is it
mandatory to have them based on sending ports?

Thanks

~BO