Eglglesink white screen ?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Jan 17 13:14:19 PST 2014

On Fr, 2014-01-17 at 13:44 +0100, Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion Stefan although I knew. VirtualBox on OS X has no
> 2-D acceleration and I think that means no Xv although it does has 3-D
> support. Looking into what to do there. Anyway my problem is autovideosink
> on a default Ubuntu installation selects eglglesink and it doesn't work.

That probably happens because xvimagesink (rank primary) can't be set to
READY because of no XV support, next in line is eglglessink (rank
secondary). And ximagesink (also rank secondary, but e comes before x)
would in theory come after that.

Does any other application using GLES work in virtualbox for you? Can
you check with e.g. gst-plugins-gl?

Expertise, Straight from the Source