My first gst plugin

Ing.Marinangeli giorgio at ketron.it
Tue Jan 21 08:21:04 PST 2014

I am trying to write my first audio filter plugin.

I have read the GStreamer Plugin Writer’s Guide (1.2.2) and I used the git repository and autogenerate tools to generate my plugins.

Using autogeb.sh, make and make install command from command line, the plugin builds and installs onto my devices rootfs.

Source file file for my plugin includes only 2 file (gstmyfilter.h and gstmyfilter.c).

Now I would like to create a more complicate plug-ins so I should add new file to project ( ex. gstmyfilter.h and gstmyfilter.c myeqprocess.h,  myeqprocess.c, etc..)
and call some function available on the new added file from  gst_my_filter_chain function available in to gstmyfilter.c source file.

How can I add the new sources file to my "plug-in project"?

I have tryed to modify makefile by my hand, but a didn't get any good result.

Make command compiles the plug-in but, when I try to load it in to my pipe-line, the new called function, seems missing and I get this message:

(gst-plugin-scanner:27811): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/home/giorgio/workspace/gst-plugin/src/.libs/libmyfilter.so':
undefined symbol: testPrint1

(testPrint1 is the name of function included in to new added file and called from gstmyfilter.c file)

What am I doing wrong?
How  can I create  a plug-in  that  includes  more than  two files as  source?
Is there a  template  or a tutorial  torealize  and  manage  such project  with  Eclipse  or from another IDE?

Many thanks
Giorgio.