My first gst plugin

Antonio Ospite ospite at studenti.unina.it
Tue Jan 21 13:51:40 PST 2014

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 17:21:04 +0100
"Ing.Marinangeli" <giorgio at ketron.it> wrote:

> I am trying to write my first audio filter plugin.

[...]
> How can I add the new sources file to my "plug-in project"?
>
> I have tryed to modify makefile by my hand, but a didn't get any good
> result.
>
> Make command compiles the plug-in but, when I try to load it in to my
> pipe-line, the new called function, seems missing and I get this
> message:
>
> (gst-plugin-scanner:27811): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load
> plugin '/home/giorgio/workspace/gst-plugin/src/.libs/libmyfilter.so':
> undefined symbol: testPrint1
>
> (testPrint1 is the name of function included in to new added file and
> called from gstmyfilter.c file)
>
> What am I doing wrong?  How  can I create  a plug-in  that  includes
> more than  two files as  source?  Is there a  template  or a tutorial
> torealize  and  manage  such project  with  Eclipse  or from another
> IDE?

It looks like an autotools[1] issue, specifically related to automake
[2].

You have to list the files you want to be compiled to src/Makefile.am in
the variable ending in "_la_SOURCES".

Add also local header files to the  "noinst_HEADERS" variable.

After that you need to run autogen.sh again.

Ciao ciao,
   Antonio

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_build_system
[2]