transmit video stream- example doesn't work

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Jan 25 08:21:17 PST 2014

On Sa, 2014-01-25 at 03:14 -0800, d wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im trying to send video+audio stream via rtp. and open it with another pc
> via VLC.
> I have tried to play two examples: test-launch.c, test-mp4.c.
>
> 1) when I try to launch test-launch.c with:  *./test-launch.c movie.MP4*
>
> [...]

Try running test-launch without parameters, it tells you what is wrong.
You have to provide a special pipeline string as parameter to
test-launch, e.g.

./test-launch "( videotestsrc ! x264enc ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )"

It must be a bin, and there must be RTP payloaders in the end with names
pay0 to payN

> 2) when I try to launch  test-mp4.c with: * ./test-mp4.c movie.MP4,*
>
> [...]

I don't know what is wrong here, test-mp4 works the way you call it...
assuming you have AAC and h264 inside the MP4 file. Do you? Does that
happen with every file? Which versions of gstreamer and gst-rtsp-server
are you using?

Would be good to get a debug log of this if it still happens with the
latest version.

Expertise, Straight from the Source