Running Helloworld example in GStreamer

bobc82 coniglio.robert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 03:05:16 PDT 2014

Hi eveyone,

I installed gstreamer (1.2.3 version) package with these commands (i'm using
ubuntu 12.04):

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
$ make
$ sudo make install

I set path in .bashrc as follows:

export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkg-config:/usr/share/pkg-config:/usr/local/lib/pkg-config:/usr/local/share/pkg-config:/usr/bin/pkg-config
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

After i installed gst-base.plugins and gst-ugly-plugins with these commands:
$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install

I'm attempting to run helloworld example in
$GSTREAMER_FOLDER/tests/examples/helloworld, as follows:
./helloworld ~/Example.ogg (where example ogg is an audio example file).

but the output is this and i don't know how resolve it:
Debugging info: gstdecodebin2.c(3928): gst_decode_bin_expose ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0:
no suitable plugins found
Error: Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.

Did i installed wrong any package? Any help would be much appreciated! Thank
you in advance!