Simultaneous 32 and 64 bit development on the same machine

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Fri Jul 11 05:17:00 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 3:46 AM, Lasse Laursen <gazoo at 42.dk> wrote:
> [...]
> 1. GST_PLUGIN_PATH defined as an environment variable. This can - of course
> - only point to either the 32 or 64 bit collection of plug-ins.
> [...]

Have you looked into GST_PLUGIN_PATH_1_0? This will be preferred over
GST_PLUGIN_PATH for 1.0 applications. Also look at
GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH_1_0. Read more here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gst-running.html

> 2. The PATH environment variable has the same issue - pointing only to the
> 32 or 64 binaries. I'm guessing 'putenv' could solve this too, unless
> someone else has some other cool and easier ways to fix this?

This shouldn't be an issue, as all 1.0 binaries have a -1.0 suffix.