Matroska Demux Issue

Kevin Paul kevinpaul1985 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 21:28:27 PDT 2014

Thanks for your reply.
So how will the playback start after seek, if the index returned by gst_matroska_read_common_do_index_seek doesn't have a key  frame?

Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:26:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Matroska Demux Issue
From: luis at debethencourt.com
To: gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org

If I understand the code correctly the main difference between the two functions is that gst_matroska_demux_search_pos returns a fake index, and gst_matroska_read_common_do_index_seek returns the index object from the table.
The fake index generated by gst_matroska_demux_search_pos is a new object with the information of the previous cluster time.