Controlling the frame rate from source plugin

amistry mistry_amit at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 10:47:21 PDT 2014

All,

I have a gstreamer source plugin, which reads a video frame from an avi
file. It's connected to gstreamer's core tee and two queue elements to push
the video frame to two video processing elements.These two video processing
elements' output gets muxed by my mux plugin.

With tee and queue, currently my gstreamer source plugin keeps pushing
almost 6-10 video frames to both queue - till the queues limit is filled I
believe. What I want is to push only one video frame from my source plugin
and wait for signal from my mux plugin for next frame.

Can someone guide how this can be achieved in gstreamer framework?

Thanks!
AMistry

PS: I tried setting queue element's property max-size-buffers set to 1 and
still queue is buffering lots more video frames than 1.