GStreamer Videomixer with Raspberry Pi's Camera

Rob robert.swain at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 12:21:49 PDT 2014

Your pipeline isn't quite right (it shouldn't begin with a ! for example)
but I'll let others correct that as I am writing from my phone. :)

I think you will run into performance problems with videomixer. Ideally on
the RPi one would be able to use v4l2src, the various OpenGL elements
including glvideomixer and even omxh264encode all with zero
unnecessary memory copies for maximum performance.

Perhaps someone is interested in working on that stuff or seeing what can
be done with the RPi foundation people working on the V4L2, graphics and
OpenMAX drivers.

Best regards,
Rob