GStreamer Videomixer with Raspberry Pi's Camera

Madnness bigburke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 12:00:39 PDT 2014

Hello, I have been running in to some headache with Gstreamer's pipeline
format especially trying to use the videomixer function. What I am trying to
do is get gstreamer to duplicate the input video stream from either raspivid
or rpicamsrc, a gstreamer wrapper for raspivid, and display them side by
side. Then send the stream via tcpserversink. I am currently using gstreamer
1.2 on the newest raspbian wheezy and I am not using gst-ffmpeg so I can't
use ffmpegcolorspace. I have posted something about this on stackoverflow
and raspberrypi's forums and have yet to hear any advice and I have searched
far and wide for an example of the raspberry pi camera being used with
gstreamer's videomixer. Most of the stuff I find are using webcams not the
rpi camera.
Well I would be extremely grateful for any advice/guidance. Here is what I
have so far:

/gst-launch-1.0 -v ! videomixer name=mix ! videoconvert ! tcpserversink
host=192.168.1.36 port=8090 ! fdsrc | raspivid -t 999999 -h 568 -w 640 -fps
20 -hf -b 2000000 -o - ! h264parse ! videoconvert ! videobox border-alpha=0
left=-640 ! mix. fdsrc | raspivid -t 999999 -h 568 -w 640 -fps 20 -hf -b
2000000 -o - ! h264parse ! videoconvert ! videobox border-alpha=0 right=-640
! mix. /

And the errors I am getting::
*Invalid command line option (!)
Invalid command line option (!)
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: syntax error
*

Again any help is greatly appreciated :)