Gsteamer display correctly video via UDP

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Jun 6 02:57:04 PDT 2014

On Di, 2014-06-03 at 02:18 -0700, tounsi94 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to display on the screen video which is reveived on UDP port.
>
> So I have launched this command to listen on the port 1234:
>
> gst-launch -v udpsrc uri=udp://127.0.0.1:1234 ! decodebin2 ! autovideosink
>
> And this command to send the video:
>
> gst-launch -v filesrc location=./video.ts ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=1234
>
> the video is in mpeg ts format. When I send it, the video is not printed
> entirely and with very low quality.
>
> Could someone help me to print my video entirely with good quality?

You will have to get timestamps on the TS stream and also make sure that
all packets you send are small enough for UDP. All this can be done with
the tsparse element between filesrc and udpsink.

You'll have to use these patches on top of tsparse though as the
timestamping logic is not merged yet, and set "set-timestamps" to TRUE
on tsparse: https://github.com/thaytan/gst-plugins-bad

Expertise, Straight from the Source