Bug? Feature? Dream? I need null-frame support.

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 09:28:33 PDT 2014

Duh, the obvious solution just occurred to me, and so far seems to work.
The problem I was having stemmed from having a pipeline like this:

... tee ! videocrop ! videobox ! videoscale ! xvimagesink

If videocrop was asked to remove all of a frame, videobox would not have
anything to add borders to, and the pipeline would fail.

While looking through the element documentation for a solution, I
rediscovered that videobox is supposed to be able to do both cropping AND
border padding. I say "supposed" because when I wrote the first version of
the videowall for gstreamer 1.0.3, videobox had many bugs that prevented us
using its cropping features, and which resulted in our adding videocrop to
the pipeline. However, I think that much bug fixing has occurred since
then, and we're going to give videobox a chance to redeem itself.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.