Extract luma, chroma info from video?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Jun 24 02:08:46 PDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-23 at 11:20 -0700, Jordan Johnson wrote:

Hi Jordan,

> I would like to use gstreamer to take a video, and extract the luma
> and chroma components from the video into raw files for editing. What
> is the best way to do this?

Could you describe in some more detail what you want to do exactly?

"Take a video" - from what source? Camera? What kind?

When you say you want to "extract the luma and chroma components from
the video into raw files", does that mean you just want to save the raw
video frames to a file somehow, or do you want to access each frame in
your application directly and then poke at the pixels (luma/chroma
components) yourself? The appsink element might help with the latter.

Cheers
 -Tim