Display window to use with EGL in gstglimagesink

pankaj pipada ppipada at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 23:37:37 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am trying to use a GstBufferPool proposed by glimagesink in a custom
decoder plugin with EGLImage as memory type.
Could you please suggest the windowing system that is to be used when
creating a EGLContext?
I could not get x11 window to initialize with EGL.
If I set environment variables as: GST_GL_PLATFORM="egl"
and GST_GL_WINDOW="x11"
glimagesink tries to create a x11 display and window and skips EGL
completely.

With  GST_GL_PLATFORM="egl" and GST_GL_WINDOW="" window creation fails
and gstglwindow.c says "creating dummy window".
(plugins-bad/gst-libs/gst/gl/gstglwindow.c#143)

Is there a way to get around this?
I am using gstreamer-bad-plugins 1.3.2 with Ubuntu 14.04.

Thanks and Regards,
--
Pankaj