Display window to use with EGL in gstglimagesink

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Jun 26 00:00:26 PDT 2014

On Do, 2014-06-26 at 12:07 +0530, pankaj pipada wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use a GstBufferPool proposed by glimagesink in a custom
> decoder plugin with EGLImage as memory type.
> Could you please suggest the windowing system that is to be used when
> creating a EGLContext?
> I could not get x11 window to initialize with EGL.
> If I set environment variables as: GST_GL_PLATFORM="egl"
> and GST_GL_WINDOW="x11"
> glimagesink tries to create a x11 display and window and skips EGL
> completely.
>
> With  GST_GL_PLATFORM="egl" and GST_GL_WINDOW="" window creation fails
> and gstglwindow.c says "creating dummy window".
> (plugins-bad/gst-libs/gst/gl/gstglwindow.c#143)
>
> Is there a way to get around this?
> I am using gstreamer-bad-plugins 1.3.2 with Ubuntu 14.04.

What kind of window do you want to create?

If you choose
> GST_GL_PLATFORM=egl GST_GL_WINDOW=egl
you will get an offscreen EGL surface as window, and if you want it to
be rendered into something else you'll have to provide a window to the
sink.

If you choose
> GST_GL_PLATFORM=egl GST_GL_WINDOW=x11
you will get a X11 window and all the windowing is done via X11, which
also means that an X11 display is used. But as GL platform EGL will be
used.

Expertise, Straight from the Source