Jack elements on Mac OS

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Jun 26 00:11:20 PDT 2014

On Mi, 2014-06-25 at 10:08 +0200, Christian Leichsenring wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was wondering why the jackaudiosrc/jackaudiosink elements are not
> available on Mac OS, given that Jack does exist on the Mac.
>
> Apparently, the object files are built and even installed but the
> elements are not listed or available.
>
> Did anyone ever try to port the jackaudio modules to Mac OS and hit
> some roadblock? Or was it that just nobody ever tried?

AFAIK it's just that nobody ever tried, and I didn't even think of the
possibility that JACK is available on OSX. So it's not included in the
binaries at least.

Not sure if we want to ship JACK unconditionally with the GStreamer
binaries though... or is JACK usage very common on OSX? I guess we could
add a variant for this to cerbero (and if you build manually without
cerbero there is no problem anyway) to build the JACK libraries and
everything, and then include the plugin.

Expertise, Straight from the Source