How can I get to know whether a element get my data or not

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Mon Mar 3 05:55:34 PST 2014

Le lundi 03 mars 2014 à 01:32 -0800, Ugly Face a écrit :

> Sorry to post another post. I do this as I have some progress in my
> problem.
> With the help of internet, I find out how to construct codec_data . In
> my
> ocasion ,  just copy 27 bytes from mp4 file begin after "avcC". The 27
> bytes
> include sps (12 bytes) and pps(4 bytes) . I set the caps to appsrc
> and
> buffer that will be pushed to appsrc .  However , no error occur and
> no more
> windows come up . It seems everything works correctly . Again , I find
> myself can not cope with it any more.

It's unclear what has been done exactly. Note that PPS/SPS pair are not
fixed length. If you are able to share more details about your project
we could potentially give you better directions.

If I understood, you have an MP4 files, though for certain reason you
cannot use filesrc. If you could clarify this part that would help too.
Your life could be made much simplier if you where to let GStreamer
demux the mp4 file:

appsrc ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! ...

Nicolas