Fixing timestamp gap when pausing

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Tue Mar 4 15:53:35 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to pause and resume the dump-to-file of an rtsp stream. The
following pipeline works well if I toggle the property "drop" of the
element "valve":

rtspsrc ! rtph264depay ! valve ! mpegtsmux ! filesink

I can dump (drop=false), pause (drop=true), dump again (drop=false).

Nevertheless, it seems that the timestamp "continues" during the pause
phase. If I play back the file in vlc or mplayer, the image freezes
during the moment I paused. If I play the file in totem, it doesn't freeze.

How can I handle the timestamp correctly preferably by altering the
pipeline. The point is that I cannot stop the pipeline.

Many thanks in advance for any advice,

Grégoire