tsdemux(of version 0.10.23) : new segment event problem

ShivaKumar shivakumar.mudugal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 20:01:48 PST 2014

With your formula also for calculating the running time of first video frame
buffer, first audio pts is used as
new segment, for the formula goes like this

B.running_time = (B.timestamp - NS.start) / NS.abs_rate + NS.accum

B.timestamp = buffter time of video frame

NS.start = new segment start time, which is here is the pts of first audio
packet.

Because tsdemux is using pts of first audio packet as the start time of new
segment event. In my case first audio packet comes first with pts say "X"

NS.start = X

Now lets say you got the first video packet with pts "Y" which goes into
buffer time as well.

so B.timestamp = Y

In my case first audio packet pts is early than first video pts by around 35
milli seconds.

i.e. Y = X + 35 milli sec

then running time will be

     (Y - X) / 1 + 0

    i.e., (X +35 - X)

that will be 35milli sec

What I am trying to say is , by this logic running time of first video frame
is postponed by 35 milliseconds ,, which adds to the delay....