tsdemux(of version 0.10.23) : new segment event problem

Vincent Génieux vincent.genieux at startigen.fr
Thu Mar 6 06:24:18 PST 2014

Hello,

Le 2014-03-06 05:01, ShivaKumar a écrit :
> With your formula also for calculating the running time of first video
> frame
> buffer, first audio pts is used as
> new segment, for the formula goes like this

Thanks, but it is not my formula, I am not a gstreamer maintainer, just
a mpegtsdemux 0.10 user, that is why I am interested by your point of
view :)

[...]
> What I am trying to say is , by this logic running time of first video
> frame
> is postponed by 35 milliseconds ,, which adds to the delay....

Yes, I understand your demonstration and I agree with you, there is a
35ms delay in order have a/v sync.

What behavior would you suggest ?

(I can also notice you that the "NewSegment" behavior on the 1.2 branch
as evolved, and may match your needs).

--
vincent.