Fast forward and pcapparse

Dudi.r dudi017 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 23:15:43 PST 2014

Hi,

I am running a pipeline with Gstreamer.

the main problem is using the seek event with "pcapparse".
when I load mp4 file, the seek event works great.
but when I load pcap file, nothing happens on seek event (the video runs in
x1 speed).

*those are the two pipelines*:

data.pipeline = gst_parse_launch ("filesrc name=my_filesrc  ! decodebin2 !
autovideosink", NULL);

data.pipeline = gst_parse_launch ("filesrc name=my_filesrc  ! pcapparse
caps=\"application/x-rtp, payload=(int)96, media=(string)video,
clock-rate=(int)90000,
encoding-name=(string)H264, **play-speed=2.0**\"   ! gstrtpjitterbuffer
latency=100
! decodebin2 ! autovideosink", NULL);

*this is the seek event:*

gst_element_query_position (data->pipeline,&format , &position);
seek_event = gst_event_new_seek (rate, GST_FORMAT_TIME, GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH,
GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, position , GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, -1 );

gst_element_send_event (data->pipeline, seek_event);

I found that I can control the video speed with "play-speed" on
"application/x-rtp". but the problem is that I have to set it before I hit
the play button- not in real time.

Is there a way to change the parameters of application/x-rtp in real time?
or other way to control the speed when pcap file is loaded?

thanks..