Default Plugin Paths are broken?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:39:16 PDT 2014

According to the documentation for GStreamer 1.2, the default for
GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH_1_0 and/or $GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH, if not set,
should include the path

  /usr/include/lib/gstreamer-1.0

I have a custom element that currently installs there if someone does the
usual compilation dance of:

  ./configure
  make
  sudo make install

However, its not getting found by gstreamer, unless I add

  --gst-plugin-path=/usr/include/lib/gstreamer-1.0

to the command lines.

I tried to find out what the default set of paths on my OS is (CentOS 6.4)
but it seems that gst_registry_get_path_list has recently been removed from
the API, as has gst_registry_add_path, so I can't even tell my application
to explicitly look in the correct place.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.