Transcoding with Gstreamer on Raspberry Pi

Hamo61 hamza_the_one at hotmail.de
Wed Mar 12 09:27:06 PDT 2014

Hi,
i have a question. I want to use Gstreamer to transcode Videos.
For example. I recorded with the RaspiCam a Video in 1920x1080.
now i Want to change the resolution. i tried a lot but it didnt work well.

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=testvideo.h264 ! decodebin ! videoscale !
video/x-raw,width=720,height=480 ! omxh264enc ! h264parse ! filesink
location=test.h264

this ist the only code i figuren out that worked for filesrc.
i dont want to loose bitrate or something else. just change the resolution
same. and it is very slow! Im a noob with Gstreamer. I dont realy know how
to use it. for this command line i needed 3 days.

i have rasbian wheezy and gst-launch-1.0.

i hope you can help me

Hamo61