Cerbero bootstrap fails on Windows-64bit at cmake

Juha Lemmetti Juha.Lemmetti at optofidelity.com
Fri Mar 14 03:26:12 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to build gstreamer on windows7 64-bit version.

I wrote on a different thread about the cmake problem, which manifests itself with the following error:

[ 99%] Built target pseudonl_purify
[100%] Built target pseudonl_valgrind
Install the project...
make: cmake: Command not found
make: *** [install] Error 127
***** Error running 'buildone' command:
Recipe 'cmake' failed at the build step 'install'

I was able to correct this in ~/cerbero/sources/build-tools/cmake-2.8.12/Makefile (which was created as a part of the compilation/bootstrapping process):

63c63
<       cmake -P cmake_install.cmake
---
>       $(CMAKE_COMMAND) -P cmake_install.cmake
69c69
<       cmake -P cmake_install.cmake
---
>       $(CMAKE_COMMAND) -P cmake_install.cmake
75c75
<       cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCAL_ONLY=1 -P cmake_install.cmake
---
>       $(CMAKE_COMMAND) -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCAL_ONLY=1 -P cmake_install.cmake

And then issuing './cerbero-uninstalled -c config/build-tools.cbc build cmake --no-deps'

I do not fully understand the logic of cmake bootstrapping, but isn't this a bug in the process? cmake installation runs 'cmake' command (which in my environment it cannot find as it does not exist), and not the created bootstrap-version?