Display real time timestamps

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Mar 20 09:25:23 PDT 2014

Le jeudi 20 mars 2014 à 09:05 -0700, z.ashani at agentvi.com a écrit :

> I'm using VLC to playback the recorded stream. This all works fine but
> VLC
> is showing the playback time start as 0 instead of the real
> timestamp.
> Is there any way of getting it to show the real timestamp?

You'd have to check what timestamp is send by GStreamer first, see the
debug setting I've proposed. Then if these are what you expect, then
you'll have to bug the VLC people. Though I feel it's natural for them
to display the stream time, and not the timestamp. We also do the same
in GStreamer.

Nicolas