Display real time timestamps

z.ashani at agentvi.com z.ashani at agentvi.com
Thu Mar 20 09:05:49 PDT 2014

I am using h264 video and storing into a database. The stream is being
retrieved from an IP camera using rtsp. In the record pipeline I have
appsink connected to rtph264depay. The appsink gets the buffer timestamp and
buffer data and stores them in the database.
When playing back the file I setup a factory pipeline in rtspserver where I
am using appsrc to read the buffer data and timestamp from the database and
then send that downstream.
I'm using VLC to playback the recorded stream. This all works fine but VLC
is showing the playback time start as 0 instead of the real timestamp.
Is there any way of getting it to show the real timestamp?