clock change - audio delayed

Mohammad-AL.Gmail al.mohamed.salim at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 09:49:52 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am using gstreamer (0.10.32) pipeline proprietary src element + rate
converter element + alsasink element to play raw audio received by my
proprietary source.

The clock to alsa driver is provided by audio rendering DSP and corresponds
to 44.1KHz alsa sample rate rate setting..

When I need to switch to another source (out of mu pipeline), following is
done in my software

-          Pause the playing gstreamer pipeline

-          change the clock from 44.1Kz to 8 KHz as needed by new source.
The new source directly pumps audio to DSP through another channel

When I need to switch back to my pipeline, following is done

-          change the clock back from 8KHz to 44.1Kz.

-          Play the pipeline

Now, audio from GStreamer to alsa mixer and DSP is delayed by 10-12 seconds.

Subsequently, every pause and play operation delays the audio pause and play
by 2-3 seconds.

I tried by keeping clock at 44.1 KHz during source switching and behavior is
normal (no delays).

What might be going wrong and how can I solve this problem.

Frequency switching is something I cannot avoid.

Kindest Regards.=,

Salim

---