How to pass the IP adress of TCP server to the pipeline in the C code of Android application

Kenairod doriank at hotmail.fr
Tue Mar 25 02:50:26 PDT 2014

Hello,
I'm displaying a live video from a raspberry to Android devices. I'm using
the code of the  tutorial 3
<http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Android+tutorial+3%3A+Video>  ,
and it works very well with this pipeline :

data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("tcpclientsrc host=172.23.198.240
port=5000 ! gdpdepay ! rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! autovideosink
sync=false", &error);

And those plugins in the .mk file :

GSTREAMER_PLUGINS         := $(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_CORE)
$(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_SYS) $(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_EFFECTS)
$(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_NET) $(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_CODECS_RESTRICTED)

But I would like to change the address of the host by a variable given by
the java code, but it's my first time using JNI and in the tutorials I
found, the code structure is pretty different ! (Full of JNIEXPORT and
JNICALL :
http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/ehchua/programming/android/Android_NDK.html
<http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/ehchua/programming/android/Android_NDK.html>  )
And I don't know how to pass a variable from a user entry in Java code to
the C code.

So if anyone has already made some kind of client with gstreamer on Android
I'd be very happy if you could guide me a bit on this.

Thanks !
Kenairod