Problem porting a gst plugin from 0.10 to 1.2.0: pipeline in GST_STATE_PLAYING state, but no audio.

Lei Miao leimiao09 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 18:44:40 PDT 2014

>> 4. I am seeing the following message when the pipeline's state is changed to GST_STATE_PLAYING:
>> "gst_segment_to_stream_time: assertion 'segment->format == format' failed"
> I would suggest focusing on fixing this first. Can this plugin code be
> shared ? It's hard give good help, since the bug is most likely in your
> port.

Thank you for the response. I followed your advice and found that the
format in the segment is GST_FORMAT_UNDEFINED when the assertion fails.
The plugin does not support seeking. It doesn't have any segment related
code and used to work fine in 0.10.  This is strange. Any idea why the
segment's format is undefined?

Regards,

LM