Problem porting a gst plugin from 0.10 to 1.2.0: pipeline in GST_STATE_PLAYING state, but no audio.

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Mar 27 08:43:53 PDT 2014

Le mercredi 26 mars 2014 à 21:44 -0400, Lei Miao a écrit :
> Thank you for the response. I followed your advice and found that the
> format in the segment is GST_FORMAT_UNDEFINED when the assertion fails.
> The plugin does not support seeking. It doesn't have any segment related
> code and used to work fine in 0.10.  This is strange. Any idea why the
> segment's format is undefined?

Segment is not just about seeking. Segment event is mandatory since
GStreamer 1.2. As your plugin receive data from libsoup, it should
simply forward the received segment (sent by souphttpsrc), which is
expected to be in bytes format. Though, if the segment is bounded, and
your element changes the buffer size, you'll have to do more work to
correctly translate the seeks if you want to support that (probably not,
from the comment).

Nicolas