Missing decoder plugins on OS X?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Sun May 4 14:01:16 PDT 2014

Le dimanche 04 mai 2014 à 11:22 -0400, Alexandre Quessy a écrit :
> We just released version 0.1.0 of a new free/open source video mapping
> software! We have a Qt application built using GStreamer-SDK 0.10. It
> reads video clips and displays them via appsink and OpenGL. It works
> fine on GNU/Linux. Now, the problem I am having is that most codecs
> are not decoded successfully on OS X.
>
> Am I missing some plugins?
> Should I try with a more recent build of the GStreamer-SDK?

Just to clarify again, GStreamer SDK and gstreamer.com are commercial
offer made by Fluendo and Collabora through, for support with this, and
GStreamer 0.10, please contact them directly.

The GStreamer project have decided that it will not longer support
GStreamer 0.10. We strongly recommend going forward and updating your
software to use GStreamer 1.X APIs. We will be pleased to guide you
through this effort if needed.

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/

At this link, you should find 1.2.4 builds for OSX, IOS, Android and
Windows. These are officially supported by community, and we strongly
encourage to communicate any issues through bugs.gnome.org.

Nicolas