Custom element : could not send sticky events

adrien_sch adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com
Mon May 5 06:28:11 PDT 2014

Hello guys,

I'm trying to create my own element and I couldn't understand why my data
doesn't flow to my sink element.

On the Gstreamer debug output I get the following message :

GST_PADS gstpad.c:3669:gst_pad_peer_query:<myelement:src> could not send
sticky events

And this is my implementation :

When the element state change from PAUSED to PLAYING :
 - Send on the src pad the stream start event
 - Send on the src pad the caps event
 - Start to push data in a separate thread

Any help is welcome. Thx.