vaapidecode to xvimagesink

Joe McDonald joe.mcdonald at vecima.com
Tue May 6 10:49:42 PDT 2014

Hi Stirling,

When you guys were working on the vaapidownload did you find that the output
to a standard xvimagesink performed very poorly?  Admittedly I'm doing a lot
of this testing on a fairly minimal platform (Atom E3845), but a normal
software only pipeline performs just fine.  As soon as I try to combine
hardware decoding with a software display sink the playback turns to
garbage.  What kind of experience did you have?

Thanks for the background info.
Regards,
Joe McDonald

Stirling Westrup wrote