restarting a branch of the pipeline...?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue May 6 12:36:46 PDT 2014

On Di, 2014-04-29 at 17:54 +0200, Eric Trousset wrote:
> GST_STATES:GstBin:bin_handle_async_done(3112): committing state from PAUSED to PAUSED, old pending PLAYING
> GST_STATES:GstBin:bin_handle_async_done(3132): completed state change, pending VOID
> GST_STATES:GstBin:_priv_gst_element_state_changed(2233): notifying about state-changed PAUSED to PAUSED (VOID_PENDING pending)
> GST_STATES:GstBin:bin_handle_async_done(3112): committing state from PAUSED to PAUSED, old pending PLAYING
> GST_STATES:GstBin:bin_handle_async_done(3132): completed state change, pending VOID
> GST_STATES:GstBin:_priv_gst_element_state_changed(2233): notifying about state-changed PAUSED to PAUSED (VOID_PENDING pending)
>
> I found the following in the logs. It looks like the pending state goes from PLAYING to VOID, is this a normal behavior?

The above log looks a bit fishy if it's really coming all from the same
bin. Could you provide the complete log of the state changes, including
the names of the relevant bins?

The pending state is only going from PLAYING to VOID_PENDING before it
reaches the PLAYING state if something calls
gst_element_set_state(PAUSED) on the element before.

Expertise, Straight from the Source