input selector issues

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue May 6 12:47:24 PDT 2014

On Mo, 2014-04-28 at 23:19 +0000, Thomas Green wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find attached the ".dot" file describing a pipeline that I have constructed.  This dot file was dumped when the pipeline was in a playing state.  If I initially set the input selector active-pad to either of the inputs  it will display the appropriate output.  However when I attempt to change the active-pad of the input selector, I no longer receive any output to the display.  And if I change it back, I don't get the original stream back either.  Is there something to the input-selector that I'm missing?

If you look at the GStreamer debug logs you should be able to see why
the sources stop when they're currently not used.

Are you setting the "always-ok" property on the input-selector pads? Can
you see in the logs if the input-selector sinkpads actually get data for
the de-selected streams? Do you get any warning or error messages on
your pipeline?

Expertise, Straight from the Source