cdparanoiasrc and scsi errors

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 16:42:54 PDT 2014

I have a pipeline that starts with cdparanoiasrc.  For most CDs, the pipeline
works fine.  For a few, I get scsi read errors.  I know this because the error
messages appear in the terminal from which I run the program.  I would like to
know about these errors in the program, but I can't figure out how to receive
them.  I tried connecting the cdparanoiasrc element to "transport-error".
When I do, a few "scsi_read error" messages appear in the terminal and then my
program crashes.  Connecting to "uncorrected-error" doesn't seem to do
anything.  I'm not even sure that either of these two signals has anything to
do with scsi read errors.  Is it possible to catch scsi read errors?  Does
anyone know of sample code?

I am using gstreamer 0.10 (from Python 2.7).

Jeff