Is it possible to do Audio and Video synchronization for parallel pipelines

Manoj89 manoj89vcet at gmail.com
Thu May 22 22:15:20 PDT 2014

Hi,
    Whenever I use elements like
appsrc->h264parser->avdec_h264->videoconvert->ximagesink I need not
implement whatever given in this document for synchronization right?

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/docs/design/part-synchronisation.txt

My job is to just send the buffer timestamp remaining issues calculating the
running_time and other things are taken care by elements itself right? If I
am writing new source element or any other element then I must implement
things given in

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/docs/design/part-synchronisation.txt

for synchronization right?