Latency reduction for gstreamer

Auslands-KV auslands-kv at gmx.de
Tue May 27 06:53:57 PDT 2014

Can you elaborate on this? How to reduce "configured latency"?

There is even a patch in Qt5.3.1 which adds "sync=false" to live media.
So, if this is not a good idea, what is the alternative?

(As I said, in my experiments sync=true gave latency of 3-5 seconds and
a very problematic behaviour if some RTP packets have been lost,
resulting in large dropout of several seconds. So far, sync=false runs
perfectly for me, reducing latency to less than 1 second and making the
system much more immune againt lost RTP packets.)

Michael