Latency reduction for gstreamer

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue May 27 07:32:01 PDT 2014

Le mardi 27 mai 2014 à 15:53 +0200, Auslands-KV a écrit :

> Can you elaborate on this? How to reduce "configured latency"?
>
> There is even a patch in Qt5.3.1 which adds "sync=false" to live
> media. So, if this is not a good idea, what is the alternative?
>
> (As I said, in my experiments sync=true gave latency of 3-5 seconds
> and a very problematic behaviour if some RTP packets have been lost,
> resulting in large dropout of several seconds. So far, sync=false runs
> perfectly for me, reducing latency to less than 1 second and making
> the system much more immune againt lost RTP packets.)

Please read Tim answer to that, rtspsrc has a latency property (in ms).
By default it's configured to 2 seconds (2000) which is added to the
server latency and network latency. Many other element can be configured
like this. Setting sync=false will also break libsync btw. So for rtsp
is not desired.

Nicolas