Latency reduction for gstreamer

Auslands-KV auslands-kv at gmx.de
Tue May 27 07:41:18 PDT 2014

O.K. thanks for the info. I tried the latency property and it made sense.

I had another problem before:
With sync=true on the video element, I had long dropouts. This was due
to the network controller which is not able to work at full GBit speed
(max speed is about 400 Mbit/s). With sync=true each lost RTP packet
resulted in a dropout of about 2 seconds. With sync=false, lost RTP
packets simply gave a short hickup in the video but nothing problematic
as with sync=true. I got the impression that the clock sync got
irritated and needed to resync after a lost rtp packet.

The issue is important as, like I said, there is even a "sync=false"
patch in Qt5.3.1 now. If this is not the way to go we should report the
right way to fix the problem here:

Michael

P.S.: Could anybody of you guys comment on the typefind problem I have
in playbin (see other post)? That would be very hepful. Thanks a lot.