Appsrc seekable in Push Mode

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Thu May 29 08:24:42 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-29 at 01:03 -0700, Manoj89 wrote:

Hi,

>    Is it possible to seek in push mode for appsrc?

Yes, that should be possible.

>  (i)  I am pushing the unequal range of data to appsrc so  is it possible to
> seek from the particular position in these situation?

Not sure I understand, could you elaborate?

> (ii) I am pushing the different video frames available from the
> application.I control the data flow using "need-data" and "enough-data"
> signals

You will also need to hook up to "seek-data" if you want to support
seeking, and if you serve video frames and seeking should happen in TIME
format, you will also want to make sure appsrc operates in a TIME
segment (there's a format property and there's also
gst_base_src_set_format(), you might need both).

Cheers
 -Tim